Pages

9.26.2012

Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing

As soon as fall rolls in and I start looking through my recipes, I gravitate right towards anything with pumpkin in it!  I came across this recipe awhile back and was finally able to bake up a version in my kitchen.  So yummy and every bit of fall with the lovely mix of spices! I used frozen pumpkin puree I had on hand, but you could also use canned pumpkin puree.  I left my icing a little thicker and just spread it with a spatula the best I could.  If you want a little thinner and "drizzly" go for it!

Enjoy!


Pumpkin Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing

Cake:
3 Cups Flour
1 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Tsp Baking Powder
1 Tsp Salt
2 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp Ginger
2 Tsp Nutmeg
1 Cup Butter, softened
1 Cup Sugar
1 Cup Brown Sugar
4 Eggs
1 Cup Milk
1 Cup Pumpkin Puree (put the whole 15oz can of pumpkin puree in, if it's what you have on hand)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour bundt pan, set aside.  In medium bowl, whisk together flour, soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg - set aside.  Cream together butter and sugars until fluffy.  Add eggs one at a time and then milk and pumpkin puree until well combined.  Slowly add in flour mixture - beat for 2 minutes.  Pour into prepared bundt pan and bake for 50-60 minutes (until cake tester comes out clean).  Let cool for 15 minutes before inverting.  Continue to cool another 10-20 minutes before icing.

Icing:
1/3 Cup Butter, softened
4 oz Cream Cheese, softened
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/4-1/3 Cup Milk, depending on preference

With a mixer, blend together butter and cream cheese until fluffy.  Add powdered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla.  Slowly add in milk until icing is to desired consistency.  Pour/spread over you cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment