Pages

1.22.2011

{healthy} Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

It seems like when you're pregnant, you either want to run from every plate of food OR anytime you hear someone making something or watch the Food Channel for just a little too long, you're left CRAVING it!  My friend was telling me how she was making these muffins the other morning - just the thought of peanut butter and banana in a muffin left me drooling!  So, I combined a few recipes and changed up a few things to make this healthy version this morning.  My kids gobbled 'em right up with some strawberry jam (and well, maybe I did too)!

Enjoy!


Peanut Butter Banana Muffins

2 Eggs
1/2 Cup Honey
1/2 Cup Applesauce
2 Bananas, mashed
1 Tsp Vanilla
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter
1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
1/2 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup Oatmeal
1 Tbsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp Salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray muffins or use paper liners.  Combine eggs, honey, applesauce, bananas, vanilla, and peanut butter - mix well with mixer.  Add in dry ingredients, mixing until just combined (don't over do it - mix by hand if you think you might).  Spoon batter into muffin tin and bake for approximately 20 minutes, until toothpick comes out dry from center.  Let cool a few minutes before removing from pan.

Note: Using my large Pampered Chef scoop, yielded 17 muffins.  This recipe can easily be altered to meet what you have in your pantry.  Replace honey with white or brown sugar, applesauce can be replaced with oil, and the whole wheat flour can be replaced with all-purpose flour.

3 comments:

  1. Being pregnant I hear your points exactly! I am so sad though because I just threw away two very ripe bananas this morning... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of oatmeal did you use, I only have steel cut at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used quick cook oatmeal in my muffin recipes usually. I've used rolled oats before, but sometimes my kids bock at the texture. ;)

      Delete