Pages

1.25.2010

The BEST Chocolate Cake!

I have made this recipe over and over again in different variations and it's NEVER failed me.  I discovered this recipe as I was out looking for new fonts at Kevin & Amanda's blog and then stumbled over to Amanda's cooking blog where I saw THIS and knew I just had to make this cake!  Don't expect you'll be able to stop yourself at just one piece!  Obviously, you can make whatever kind of frosting you prefer, but I love a nice smooth cream cheese frosting to offset all the yummy chocolatey-ness of this cake.  Instead of chocolate chips I've used cut up peanut butter cups, mint chips, etc.  You can pretty much alter this cake in many ways to suit your tastebuds! :)

Enjoy!


The BEST Chocolate Cake

1 Box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
1 Small Box Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix (No Sugar Free or Fat Free Allowed!)
1 Cup Sour Cream
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
4 Eggs, beaten
1/2 Cup Milk
1 Tsp Vanilla
2 Cups Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix everything together, but the chocolate chips - batter will be THICK.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Spread into prepared pan of choice (9" round, 9x13, bundt, etc).  Use the back of your cake mix as a guide for the amount of time to bake, then add approximately 10-15 minutes.  Test cake for done-ness, but remember you may get chocolate on your toothpick because of the chips.  You don't want to over bake this or it'll lost some of its moistness!  Let cake cool and frost away!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh god that looks good. That should really help my waistline too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this recipe from Krysta. I absolutely love it too. I have tried it with butterscotch chips and have also drizzled caramel over it...YUM! The pic looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete