Pages

7.28.2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Birthday Goodness!

Today is my birthday and birthdays call for yummy treats!  I love peanut butter, I love chocolate, and when you put them together - bliss!


I made these beauties with this recipe - one box of mix gave me over 40 cupcakes!  I just use my ice-cream scoop (or Pampered Chef Large Scoop) for uniformly sized cupcakes.  Instead of chocolate chips, I took a bag of mini Reese's peanut butter cups and diced them up.  Before I folded the peanut butter cups in, I tossed them lightly in flour to keep them from sinking in the batter while baking.


I could probably eat the cupcakes just by themselves, but to take them to that next level I decided to top them off with some peanut butter frosting!  I made this frosting and then at the end added 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter.


Ohhh these are soo tasty!!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment