Pages

8.24.2010

Baked Apple Pudding

I grew up eating this dish at my grandparent's river home every summer.  They had several apple trees that we were always helping clean apples up from.  I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to pare apples as well or fast as my Grandpa could (he must have really liked this stuff)!

This could be named a few different things - crustless dutch apple pie, apple crisp, but I'm going to stick with my gram's original name of baked apple pudding! :)  This is pretty much a throw together dish, so I've done my best to get measurements close.  The recipe below is made in an 8"x8" pan (a 2 quart casserole dish could easily be used) - make a double batch for 9"x13".

Eat warm or cold, with ice cream, whipped cream, or my personal favorite, heavy cream (fat free of course!).

Enjoy!


Baked Apple Pudding

Apples
1 Cup Sugar, divided
Cinnamon
1 Cup Flour
1/2 Cup + 2 Tbsp Butter, Chilled

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Fill baking dish (8x8) with apples.  Sprinkle with sugar (1/2 cup) and cinnamon, then dot with butter (2 tbsp, cut into dots).  In medium bowl, cut (with pastry blender, forks, or clean hands) flour, last 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 cup cold butter until crumbly (similar to pie crust).  Cover apples with topping mixture.  Bake for 45-60 minutes, until apples are tender when you test with fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment