Pages

6.28.2010

Italian Pasta Salad

This is definitely one of my "gold-star" recipes when I'm reaching for something to bring to a party or potluck!  I aquired this recipe from my cousin Jodie - her recipes are ALWAYS incredible and tasty!  I've made this so many times and just love all the flavor it has.  I know so many who love the "other" Italian salad (you know the one, with pepperoni and spiral noodles?!), this will trump it any day - I promise!  I've often prepped everything at home and then mixed it all together when we've been away camping.  Tip: if making this the night before serving, leave out tomatoes until shortly before serving as they tend to make the salad a little runny.

Enjoy!


Italian Pasta Salad

1 lb Medium Shells, cooked according to package instructions

1 Cup Mayonnaise
3/4 Cup Italian Dressing
1 Tbsp Oregano
1 Tsp Pepper

1 Cup Celery, diced (I like mine small)
6 oz Black Olives, sliced
8 oz Feta Cheese, crumbled
1/2 Cup Shredded Parmesan
2 Large Tomatoes, diced

Make pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.  In medium bowl, mix mayonnaise, Italian dressing, oregano, and pepper.  In large tupperware bowl (what I usually serve mine in, but no need to mess up another bowl mixing when you can do it all in one!), fold together celery, black olives, cheese, and tomatoes.  Fold in noodles and sauce until well coated.  Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment