Pages

3.05.2019

Cheesy Chicken Bacon Noodle Soup

I threw together this soup and I loved it so much that I decided I better write it down and share it!

Enjoy!


Cheesy Chicken Bacon Noodle Soup

3 Cups Cooked Chicken, shredded/diced
8 Cups (2 Qts) Chicken Stock
1 Cup Whole Milk
1/2 Cup Chopped Celery
1 Cup Chopped Carrots
1 Packet Ranch Dressing Mix
1/2 Cup Bacon Crumbles
4 oz Cream Cheese
12 oz Fine Egg Noodles
1 1/2 Cups Mild Cheddar Cheese, shredded

In a large pot (at least 6 qt), combine chicken, stock, milk, celery, carrots, ranch mix, bacon, and cream cheese over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer covered 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally to keep from sticking to bottom.  Add noodles and shredded cheese - serve once noodles are soft.

Notes:
  • I used boneless skinless chicken thighs cooked in my instant pot (seasoned well with seasoning salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning, then cooked with half a onion (sliced), one clove minced garlic, and chicken broth). Chicken breasts, rotisserie chicken, etc will all work fine too!
  • I find shredding your own cheese melts better and really doesn't take much extra effort. 
  • I used Costco's Bacon Crumbles when I made this - fry up your own bacon if you prefer!
  • The veggie measurements are approximate - throw in what your family loves!


No comments:

Post a Comment